The Magic Stick
The Magic Stick has consistently been recognized as one of Detroit’s top live music venues. Critics from Rolling Stones to Metro Times have designated the Magic Stick as the city’s best bet to see a live show. Past Magic Stick shows include The White Stripes, The National, Jack Johnson, Interpol, Kings Of Leon, Mudhoney, Modest Mouse, The Kills, Sleigh Bells, and Childish Gambino.
The Magic Stick has a side stage (Magic Stick Lounge) adjacent to the main room for up and coming artist showcases as well as an outdoor roof top patio called the Alley Deck. Besides being the top concert venue in the city of it’s size, The Magic Stick is also a unique site for special events including weddings, fundraisers, fashion shows, corporate parties and private rentals.
Magic Stick Specs:
- Capacity: 550 / General Admission, 275 / Cabaret, 400 / Theatre
- Stage Dimensions: two feet high, twenty-seven feet wide, twenty feet deep
- House sound plus full stage monitor system (complete sound specs on request)
- Backstage and front house lighting bars, video projector and front of stage screen
- Green room directly behind stage
- 2 full service bars